¿WHAT IS COMPTEST AND WHAT IS IT FOR?
COMPTEST® is a device created by repair professionals that is very easy to use, portable and compact, that allows us to detect air leaks in our wind instrument with great reliability and precision.
It is aimed at both musicians and repair professionals.
¿HOW IT’S WORKS?
COMPTEST emits an amount of air that simulates that provided when we play. Through a sophisticated electronic sensor and the combination of a specific software that performs 1000 measurements per second, COMPTEST indicates the degree of compression that the instrument has, that is, the degree of tightness or sealing thereof, thus detecting the existence of air leaks.
WHAT INSTRUMENTS CAN I USE IT WITH?
COMPTEST can be used with any wind instrument:
- Clarinet, (and it’s family of Bass Clarinet, Requinto …)
- Bassoon and Contrabassoon.
- Oboe (and it’s family of English Horn, Oboe d’amore)
- Flute (and it’s family of Piccolo, Bass flute …)
- Trumpet (and it’s family of Flugelhorn, Cornet …)
- Trombone and Tuba.
- Saxophone (all it’s family of Alto, Tenor, Baritone and Bass Saxophone).
WHY IT IS IMPORTANT TO HAVE THIS DEVICE?
Compression in a wind instrument is of vital importance. If it does not have adequate compression, that is to say, it has air leaks, it can affect us in many aspects such as: instability in tuning, difficulty of sounding, difficulty of finding the centre of the sound because it can cause incorrect alignment of the harmonics of the instrument, loss of dynamic range, difficulty in playing pp or FF.